sábado, 12 de octubre de 2013

It rains in southern California (for Enghish speking people)

The wet streets of Los Angeles are a novelty. Everything is greener. The weather service was wrong. It announced it would be cloudy, but no rain, and it rained. There has not been a rain storm, it has been strong rain and the temperatures are down. I do not know how long it will last.
I decided to take a trip to The Grove, a shopping center, and I was wrong. I passed people beginning to run, a baby wearing a big umbrella in her stroller and I had to give way. Some mature trees slightly protected me .
I walked down Melrose Ave because there are shops around, it's was 1030 and most of the shops of Melrose were closed. I saw publicity advertising shows that will come out soon. I look at the four of Las Vegas : Douglas , Freeman (in casual dress), De Niro (with bow tie) and Kline (with beard). All legendary. Apparently it's a movie. I do not know if similar to a hangover in Vegas, stereotypes work. The pose of the four, smiling, carefree, relaxed. Adventure and gentlemen of a certain age who are going to behave like the new 4 tenors. What they're up to?. They seem to have fun doing what they like, all of them are well paid. I remember that Morgan Freeman was terminally ill in a movie with Nicholson, in the poster-ad seems the boy of the four. I shaded by Barnes & Noble, you can read whatever you want and have a coffee. These stores have been losing customers, internet is the load, as if the Internet was a convicted murderer.
Lunch in a Japanese restaurant. There are good Japanese restaurants and not expensive. To my right side was Michael Rapaport , the actor of Mighty Aphrodite known for his love of the girl. He worked also in True Romance and many others movies, always in a supporting role. Tall, big, blond, very casual dress, overweight. How actors change ! He looked older, camera filters and tweaks help. If he would found out what I write ... I did not recognize the girl. 
And still the posters, one of dracula, with John Rhys Meyers and his cheesy mustache, the immaculate neck of the victim and looking at the viewer. Another about a serial on the Queen of Scots, not to be outdone by the Tudors, she seems a bit out of a roadhouse in La Mancha. In the midst of La Brea, in Hollywood, you hit a big cement factory, large sidewalks, compact, dirty, greasy, worn, cracked and bent, they need much cement overhere. It builds quickly, without trying to make timeless buildings. Huge blocks for film studios, also a public school, a hospital and a synagogue. All is not cinema in Hollywood.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario